#2 Planning my new workshop

Hi All

I have not had the opportunity to move into my new workshop yet. One of the walls had big gaps between floor and wall, and my landlord is currently building a new wall for me. In the meantime I made a drawing in sketchup to make sure that everything fits.

4X4 meter is small for a workshop which makes it important to have good planning. I started making a drawing with Grizzlys shop planner, but realized that if you really want to get a vision of ​​how the workshop will look like, then SketchUp is unbeatable.

Here are some pictures of my SketchUp drawings
To the left, I will build a long table that covers the entire wall. On it, I’ll have my benchtop machines, drillpress, lathe , beltsander, etc.. The machines who are not that heavy and as I do not use as often, such as the grinder and the scrollsaw, I will be able to put away on shelves and in drawers to get more space when needed.

To the right I’ll have wall-mounted shelves for various things (you can never have too many shelves) under the shelves, I will have my larger machines such as my shopvac, router table and my jointer / planer.
in the middle next to the windows, I will build a workbench



Nearest the door, I will have a lumberrack.and of course, the tablesaw in the middle of workshop




if you want to take a closer look you can find my SketchUp model in SketchUps 3d Warehouse: search for 13X13 Woodworking Shop, or you can follow this link >>

thanks for reading

Happy thoughts /Henrik